Runic Weapons in Dungeons & Dragons
[Back to Weapons]
All Runic Weapons have the following features:
Greater Rune Weapons posses all the above features as well as up to five (5) special abilities dealing with their related domains (eg. Elemental Fire, Holy Light, Battle, etc.)
- Independent personality, with an average to high INT and WIS (some are imbued with a high CHA as well)
- Communicate through limited telepathy
- Are totally indestructible, the blades never dull or dent.
- Made of black, dark gray, blue-gray, or dark red metal and lined with runes from tip to handle
- Do Normal damage for the type of weapon +2 (eg. Runic short sword would do 1d6+2)
- Link themselves to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and weapon can sense each otherís presence within a four mile radius if separated.
- Adds +1 to All Saving Throws
- Can only be used by a character of a particular alignment (good or evil; neutral characters can use either). Persons not of a compatible alignment take 1d4 points of damage every time they touch the weapon.
- In considered a Masterwork weapon.
- Can contain NO moving parts.
The Soul Drinker:
The Soul Drinker is a special Rune weapon (typically a blade weapon). If a victimís blood is spilled (ie. on a crtical hit or any strike that drops the victim below 0 WPs) they must make a successful Fortitude ST of 14+ or have their life essence absorbed into the weapon. A successful save means that the hit is treated as a normal critical strike.